How to Volunteer
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.1 Peter 4:10-11
Sis. Jackie McFarland
New Members Development
Office: (281) 900-5068
Find Your Place at Bethel’s Family
Members of The Church at Bethel’s Family are encouraged to serve in one or more ministries. If you are uncertain about which ministry to serve in, you are encouraged to first gain a better understanding of your spiritual gifts by completing the Spiritual Gifts and Personality Traits course offered through Adult Christian Education, so that you may choose to volunteer in the ministries that best utilize your God-given gifts.
Volunteer candidates may submit an application to become a volunteer at the church any of the following ways:
- Complete the form on the perforated portion of the church bulletin and place in the offering basket during any one of our Sunday or Wednesday services.
- Visit the Servant’s Heart Ministry office (located on the first floor of Bethel’s Place Empowerment Center near the Fonmeadow entrance) to complete an application.
- Download an application here. Complete it at your convenience, and return it to the Servant’s Heart Ministry office.
Basic Qualifications and Responsibilities of Volunteers
Volunteer candidates must:
- Have attended The Church at Bethel’s Family regularly for a minimum of three months
- Be subject to a criminal and driving record background investigation
- Attend ministry orientations, training and meetings as necessary
- Function within the guidelines and procedures for the ministry to which you are applying
- Maintain a godly lifestyle, be an example as a leader in the Body of Christ, and maintain a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus through regular reading of the Bible, prayer and church attendance
- Be in agreement with the teaching and ministry of The Church at Bethel’s Family
- Accept the authority of God’s Word, the Senior Pastor and the appointed ministry leadership team.